Tuesday, March 8, 2011

8 March 2011


The sun, the sand, the sea are waiting - after a break for the winter I have recently started selling my old postcard collection on eBay. I started the collection when I was about 6 years old and by the time I was 10, I was bored with it. I had looked at and read every card, stacked them in every possible way, seaside ones together, windmills together, Cornish ones, American ones, until there was nothing left to do with them.


I thought I had thrown them away once, but it turns out my Mum retrieved them from the dustbin as I found them in her shed about five or six years ago. They date from the early 1900s and go up to the early 1970s, plus some that Mum added over the years going up to the late 20th century. So, a few at a time I stick them on eBay and hopefully some of them will find a new home.


If you're interested in postcards check out my listings by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment