Monday, March 14, 2011

14 March 2011


As I was motivatin' over the hill - What seems like a lifetime ago, but was only in 1983 Lin and I saw Chuck Berry at Margate's Winter Gardens. They were running a Jazz Festival at the time and by mistake booked Chuck Berry! I can't remember the whole story, but it really was a mistake. After the gig we hung around hoping to get an autograph, but he rushed out and didn't even see us. Then I saw someone I knew who had been working backstage so I asked him to go and have a look in Chuck's dressing room and see if he had left anything that I could have as a memento. I'm not sure what I was expecting, maybe a guitar? What I did get was this match book from the Universal Match company of St Louis with Chuck's name across the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment